Schedule Your Deep Tissue Massage today! (617) 778-7344
What is Deep Tissue Massage?Deep Tissue Massage is based on Swedish massage and uses similar strokes but, unlike Swedish massage, it focuses on all muscle layers from the superficial to the deepest ones. Deep Tissue Massage is a highly therapeutic and specific technique which is very effective in releasing restrictions of the deeper muscles and the underlying connective tissue. Although Deep Tissue Massage can be performed on the whole body, it often focuses on specific affected areas.
Benefits of Deep Tissue MassageDeep Tissue Massage can be very effective in releasing chronic patterns of tension and restoring the structural and functional integrity of the musculoskeletal system. Deep Tissue Massage can address dysfunctions relating to: stress, prolonged computer work, bad posture, sports or any other type of injuries, excessive athletic training, repetitive overuse of muscle groups (which can result to various syndromes, like Repetitive Stress Syndrome, Carpaltunnel Syndrome, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Patellofemoral Syndrome, various orthopedic conditions ( i.e. scoliosis), headaches, etc.
Deep Tissue Massage helps to:
- Lengthen chronically shortened muscles
- Separate adhered muscle fibers and ligaments
- Eliminate or reduce scar tissue
- Increase range of motion
- Oxygenate and detoxify stagnant tissues
- Relieve pain
- Improve posture
- Eliminate or reduce painful Trigger Points
- Release entrapped or compressed nerves (that cause tingling and numbness)
- Release overused breathing muscles (i.e. from asthma)